About Jour Ferié
Jour Ferié was born around two concepts: well-being and well-heeled. Our designs wed rigorous aesthetics with a technical excellence rare in the industry.
Jour Ferié are supple flexible creations. They are durable yet surprisingly light thanks to an innovative fabrication method unique to our shoes. We combine a Sachetto fabrication method with a Blake assembly method. Sachetto defines the standard in fabrication of dance shoes: the lining of the leather upper and the lining of the leather soles are “welded” together creating an ultra flexible glove that effectively envelops the foot. The Blake assembly method then unites the supple leather shell to the leather soleplate by a seam that transverses both; hence the thread is visible from both inside and outside the shoe.
The Jour Ferié team designs each and every collection in-house at the 10th arrondissement studio. We fabricate in San Joao de Madeira (near Porto) in an exclusive workshop where we have co-developed this complex and delicate technique. Our leather is uniquely sourced in France, Italy and Portugal.
HOW TO BAPTISE A SHOE
Nathalie named the shoes in each collection: Jacob, after her deceased father; François, Benjamin and Xavier, after three nephews, the surfheads; Olivier, the boyfriend; Johane, of course it’s Johane Collet.
Her logic? You should always name your progeny after a loved one…
HOW TO IDENTIFY A REAL JOUR FERIE :
- Seven basic styles developed in the men’s and women’s line size range 36 to 47.
- Chaussant point français, plutôt confortable.
- Lightweight: 400 à 800 grams.
- Distinctive features: French flag heel tab
- Upper in lambskin or suede + nappa or Ayer snake + nappa.
- Inner lining in tobacco calfskin
- Honey leather sole “blake” stitched and engraved : Made in Portugal / 100% Leather
- Public prices : from 295 € to 390 €.